.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Important Moment in My Life from the Viewpoint of Others Essay

Important Moment in My Life from the Viewpoint of Others - Essay Example Clarity of thoughts entails mastery of the language that will be used in writing. A grammatically correct piece can easily convey its message. That piece of writing should not lose its focus and aim for its target audience's heart. I had a fair share of memorable experiences since childhood. I cannot forget the first time I went up on stage to receive my academic award on first grade. As I grew older, the wrong decisions I made also left a mark in my life because of the lessons I learned from it. I can enumerate a number of occurrences that I consider important; but, to my family and friends, the most important event that ever happened to me is my affiliation with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). IRS is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Since 1987 to date, I am an enrolled agent of IRS. When I moved to San Diego, I got interested with a promising career of becoming an Enrolled Agent (EA) of IRS. Although I love writing, I am more fascinated with numbers. Hence, I took the EA examination. It was quite difficult because I had to study and master the information from hundreds of different IRS publications that contains thousands of pages. Yet, I passed the exam in just one take. My tax practice began in October 1987. ... I earned a good reputation within the community and the government sectors. I agree with my family and friends that my business achievement is the most important moment in my life, so far. I enjoy great benefits from this profession and it also enables me to spend quality time with my family and friends. I may not be an employee of IRS, but the ten reasons given on the question 'Why it is rewarding to work with IRS' are agreeable (Internal Revenue Service [IRS], 2007). Among the reasons that fit my experience is that IRS has continuously given me the opportunity to improve my skills. In my two decades as an enrolled agent, I have been to a number of IRS-sponsored seminars to upgrade my knowledge on US Tax Law and improve my expertise. Being an enrolled agent has further developed my sense of responsibility for important work. This career has enabled me to ensure that American nationals are aware of their responsibilities with the State and pay their taxes religiously and honestly. I must admit, this line of business is coupled with a lot of temptations. Some of my friends asked me if I ever gave in to the tempting power of money. Indeed, a number of non-compliant taxpayers would offer a large amount of money just to alter the entry in their tax returns. I had a battle with my personal code of conduct. But the fight with my inner-self quickly vanished as my principle prevailed. In a way, the United States Internal Revenue Service has enriched my values. Among these values are integrity to uphold the highest standards of honesty, reliability and honor; accuracy in ensuring precise and thorough work products; respect for every peoples' cultural difference and ideas; and, professionalism in achieving excellence (IRS, 2007). Somehow, I am glad that my family and

No comments:

Post a Comment